✪ Anonymous Access to a Windows Shared Folder
The following configuration is required to allow an application, running on a non-domain member computer, to write to a remote shared folder. All tasks need to be performed on the remote computer.
- Grant the Everyone group change permissions to the share.
- Grant the Everyone group read & execute, list folder contents, read, and write NTFS permissions to the shared folder.
- Enable the Guest account.
- Grant the Everyone group the user right Access this computer from the network.
- Remove the Everyone group from the user right Deny access to this computer from the network.
- Enable the network access policy to Let Everyone permissions to apply to anonymous users.
- Disable the network access policy to Restrict anonymous access to Named Pipes and Shares.
- Add the name of the share to the network access policy listing Shares that can be accessed anonymously.
All steps can be performed via group policy, or via the Local Security Policy MMC snap-in.